Equality, Harassment & Dealing with
Saturday 16th February 2019 (09:00 till 13:00)
“Did you know: Age discrimination claims to employment tribunals in England and Wales increased by a third in 2010? There are 307 languages spoken in the UK? 15% of the UK population identify themselves as having no religion? 20-22% of the working age population i.e. 16-64 are disabled? Do you know the nine equality strands? Can you recognise discrimination, harassment and defend your actions in a court of law? Can you ensure adequate compliance when dealing with patient complaints to help prevent escalation? Do not worry, you are not alone!”
Delegates by the end of this programme will:
• Understand how to recognise direct and indirect discrimination, overt and covert harassment and bullying at work
• Understand how to deal with allegations or incidents of discrimination, harassment or bullying in their workplaces.
• What is good practice in dealing with patient complaints.
• Statutory and Legal Obligations: The Equality Act 2010
• Recognising Discrimination and Barriers to Diversity
• Case studies
• Definitions of harassment and bullying
• Formal and informal procedures for dealing with allegations/incidents of harassment
• Dealing with incidents of harassment/bullying within the Practice (case studies)
• Dealing with patient complaints
GDC Development Outcomes covered: A, B, D
CQC Regulations covered in this course
• Regulations 15 and 18 (KLOE’s = Safe, Effective)
£80.00 per delegate
Date & Time
Saturday 16th of February 2019: Registration 08:30 (09:00 – 13:00)
Venue: Walsall Manor Learning & Conference Centre (MLCC), situated on the 3rd floor of the
Walsall Manor Hospital. Walsall Manor Hospital is signposted on all major routes into town.
All visitors to the Manor Learning and Conference Centre (MLCC), should use the new main
entrance to the Hospital (on Pleck Road) and park in the new Main Hospital Car Park (Car
Park B) which is located off Moat Road.
Parking is free for Delegates.
Postcode for satellite navigation systems: WS2 9PS.