“Do you know how GDPR and the new Data Protection Law affect your organisation? Can you demonstrate compliance to ensure you have a trained DPO? Have you updated privacy notices and procedures for subject access requests? Are you up to date with current IG matters relating to healthcare? Do not worry, you are not alone!”
2018 welcomes GDPR and the new European Union (EU) regulations on Data Protection becomes law replacing previous legislation. All Data Controllers and Data Processors are affected; therefore all Dental Practices need to comply with the new law. This involves also being able to demonstrate compliance. Failure to do so can result in serious penalties being imposed.
Loretta currently works as Head of Information Governance at Greater Nottingham CCG. She is qualified as a Librarian and Data Protection and Information Security Practitioner with a career background in Information Governance and Management in both public and private sector over the last 20 years. Loretta takes pleasure in delivering Information Governance training to NHS staff in an engaging and passionate way that is useful, thought provoking and enjoyable.
• To increase staff awareness and knowledge across the Information Governance spectrum in an interesting, interactive and informal session, which is relevant to healthcare staff in their work place
• To consider how poor IG practice can impact on care provision and services and look at best practice
• To inform staff about the recent GDPR legislation and how to comply in a general dental practice setting
• The role of the Dental Protection Officer (DPO)
• To have a brief overview of the new IG Toolkit now known as Data Security and Protection Toolkit
Delegates by the end of this programme will:
• Have an informative briefing on the latest and most up to date news and developments on the national IG agenda with a focus on matters most relevant to healthcare.
• Understand the requirements to comply with the recent EU GDPR legislation & UK Data Protection Act 2018 in a general dental practice setting.
• Learn the specific requirements in relation to the new mandatory role of the DPO (Data Protection Officer) under GDPR for your practice.
• Understand the principles of Information Governance including the National Data Security Standards and be able to relate them back to the everyday working environment.
• Understand how they can apply and maintain information security guidelines and in particular practical advice in respect of cyber security.
• Understand the principles and responsibility under the Freedom of Information Act and the importance of good record keeping
• Complete a short assessment to demonstrate understanding which will contribute towards evidential assurance of undergoing mandatory IG training
• Know where they can gain further information on Information Governance topics and issues
• Have the opportunity to discuss and share thoughts and experiences on IG matters they face
• Understand the requirements to comply with the recent data protection legislation
• Understand the specific requirements of the Data Protection Officer under GDPR for your practice
• Understand the principles of Information Governance
• Understand the principles and responsibility under the Freedom of Information Act and the importance of good record keeping. Draw conclusions from the information delivered and determine a strategy to meet the GDC Enhanced CPD Scheme
CQC Regulations covered in this course
• Regulations 15 and 18 (KLOE’s = Safe, Effective)
£80.00 per delegate
Date & Time
Saturday 19th of January 2019: Registration 08:30 (09:00 – 13:00)
Walsall Manor Learning & Conference Centre (MLCC), situated on the 3rd floor of the
Walsall Manor Hospital. Walsall Manor Hospital is signposted on all major routes into town.
All visitors to the Manor Learning and Conference Centre (MLCC), should use the new main entrance to the Hospital (on Pleck Road) and park in the new Main Hospital Car Park (Car Park B) which is located off Moat Road.
Parking is free for Delegates.
Postcode for satellite navigation systems: WS2 9PS.