Minor Oral Surgery in Dentistry
To update knowledge and skills to be able to undertake minor oral surgery procedures confidently in General Dental Practice .
This session includes a review of the practical applications of minor oral surgery procedures and provides GDP’s with techniques to allow them to identify, diagnose and manage dilemmas of the extraction of impacted wisdom teeth in general practice setting.
By the end of the course delegates will:
Be able to assess, investigate , plan and treat suitable routine Minor Oral surgical procedures in practice
- Have reviewed the principles of impacted wisdoms teeth, coronectomy , apicectomy, biopsy , dental infection, BRONJ, ORN, anticoagulants and oral surgery
- Have planned and undertaken simple suturing techniques
- Have reviewed commonly occurring complications in oral surgery
- Be become more confident in the principles of simple tooth extractions and addressing surgical extraction of impacted wisdom teeth
- Will have the opportunity to practice different methods of suturing using contemporary clinical approach
Delegates will be more confident to plan and proceed with minor oral surgery procedures in General Dental Practice.
This course meet GDC outcomes C.
BDS ,MFDS,FFDSRCS, FDSRCS
Specialty Doctor OMFS